Use the slider below to choose how many points you would like to donate.
When you are happy, just click the "Donate" button!
Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them before opening a ‘Love Peterborough, Love your Community’ account and becoming a member. You should understand that by opening an account, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
‘Love Peterborough, Love your Community’ is a waste incentive scheme operated by Peterborough City Council and Amey. The scheme is fully funded by the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG).
1. Joining Love Peterborough, Love your Community
You can apply to join as a Member of ‘Love Peterborough, Love your Community’ by completing the online registration. By applying to become a member you accept these rules:
1. Members must be over 18 and have a valid email address for an online account.
2. An Account cannot be in joint names.
3. Multiple Accounts cannot be pooled or green points transferred to another Account.
4. There is a limit of one account per household.
Please note: we may refuse a membership application for any good reason.
2. Earning green points
1. You can earn green points by carrying out a number of recycling based activities. We will determine how many green points will be issued to your account.
2. We reserve the right to vary the amount of green points issued at any time.
3. We reserve the right to withdraw the amount of green points issued at any time.
4. We reserve the right to randomly check the reliability of recycling activity/data entered into the ‘Love Peterborough, Love your Community’ website.
5. From time to time we may also make promotional green points offers, such as points offered for new registrations, completing surveys or completing similar activities. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw any such offers at any time.
6. If a transaction on which points are issued is cancelled, reversed or not completed, we will reverse the associated green points.
7. Green points have no expiry date.
3. Using green points
1. You can use your green points to support selected good causes (local charities and organisations) which are featured on our website.
2. Green points will be donated to the communities in first, second and third place on the leader board at the end of each round.
3. You will be asked to vote for the community group or charity you would like to donate your green points to at the end of each recycling round.
4. ‘Love Peterborough, Love your Community’ will notify residents when voting is live via email and post for offline residents.
5. Members can only vote once per round of rewards.
4. Winning rewards
1. You must be a member of the ‘Love Peterborough, Love your Community’ scheme to be eligible to win rewards.
2. The individual prizes will be awarded based on individual recycling performance.
3. The winner can choose from a number of vouchers displayed on the ‘Love Peterborough, Love your Community’ website.
4. The highest amount awarded for an individual prize is £50.
5. Peterborough City Council holds the right to withdraw or change the amount given at any point.
6. Rewards are subject to all applicable legal rules and the terms and conditions (including booking requirements, cancellation restrictions, return conditions, warranties and limitations of liability) of the supplier.
7. We have no responsibility for the delivery, standard, quality or otherwise of any goods and services received or supplied. We accept no liability for any bad experiences or bad service relating to any of the rewards supplied. We will not become involved in any dispute between you and any business.
8. Rewards are not personal and will not be reissued if lost.
9. By joining the scheme you agree to your first name and area (e.g. Parnwell) to be publicised on our website, social media and in media releases if you win.
10. If you win a reward you may be requested to take part in publicity to raise awareness and success of the ‘Love Peterborough, Love your Community’ scheme (e.g. a photograph to be used on the website/social media and in press releases).
11. If you win a reward we will contact you by email or telephone using the details you provided when you signed up. If we ask you to get in contact with us you must do so as soon as possible. You will have 60 days (including weekends) to do this. After 60 days you will no longer be able to claim your prize.
5. Your account
1. After you have logged into your account you will be able to see your latest green points balance and details of green points earned and redeemed, in the ‘My Account’ section of the website. We will correct a ‘Love Peterborough, Love your Community’ account if it is shown to our reasonable satisfaction to be wrong.
2. If you notify us that you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or be contacted by us for promotional purposes in connection with ‘Love Peterborough, Love your Community’ we will comply with such request.
3. You may close your ‘Love Peterborough, Love your Community’ account at any time by notifying us. Any green points balance will be lost when you close your account.
4. We may close your ‘Love Peterborough, Love your Community’ account if you have not earned or redeemed any green points for a continuous period of at least 12 months, at which point your green points become null and void. We will contact you by email 28 days before this happens.
5. Green points can only be earned, held, transferred and used as set out in these rules. Any other use, award, sale, exchange or transfer of green points, or attempt to do so, is a serious breach of these rules. Any green points not earned and held in accordance with these rules will be invalid and cannot be used. Any such green points will be deducted or cancelled if used and we may take other appropriate action.
6. We may also, on notifying you, immediately suspend or terminate your membership rights, and/or close your ‘Love Peterborough, Love your Community’ account. If you breach these rules;
· we reasonably believe that you have dealt with green points in a manner not permitted by these rules
· we reasonably believe you have been involved in any theft or misconduct in connection with us or any supplier;
· you supply false or misleading information to us or if you are abusive or offensive to any member of our staff.
7. You are responsible for the security of your ‘Love Peterborough, Love your Community’ account and the log in details used to access your online account information. You should notify us immediately if you suspect that someone else knows your log in details so that we can suspend your account pending issuance of new log in information. We will not be responsible if any of your green points are redeemed by someone else in possession of your log in details.
8. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up to date.
6. Collection and use of data
When you set up an account for ‘Love Peterborough, Love your Community’ you can choose between various options as the use of information collected through the scheme. Your options can be checked and changed at any time by clicking on ‘Personal Details’ in the ‘My Account’ section. These options do not affect any other data, such as data our Partners and Suppliers may collect from other sources, for instance from an account you hold with them. If you have concerns about the use of such data, please contact the relevant Partner or Supplier directly.
1. ‘Love Peterborough, Love your Community’ will run for two years. We may suspend or terminate ‘Love Peterborough, Love your Community’ but we will give you as much notice as we reasonable can before we do so. If this happens all ‘Love Peterborough, Love your Community’ accounts will be suspended or terminated.
2. We reserve the right to change and alter the date that each set of rewards and prizes are given.
3. We reserve the right to change and amend the communities involved in the scheme, based on uptake and engagement in the areas.
4. These rules are governed by English law.
5. We will only be liable to you if you suffer loss as a result of a breach by us of these rules and, if so, our sole liability will be to credit your account with any green points which have been wrongly deducted or should have been credited but were not. These rules shall not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
6. Our printed promotional material is intended as a guide and shows rewards planned at the time of publication and, therefore, may not include all upcoming rewards at any one time.
7. Failure by us to enforce any of these terms and conditions will not prevent us from subsequently relying on, or enforcing, them.
8. If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms and conditions are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Every effort is made to keep the information on this website up-to-date and accurate. However, we cannot guarantee that inaccuracies will not occur. Peterborough City Council, Amey, its employees or agents will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of reliance on such information.